*CAW Network USA member discounts applicable at checkout
As bitcoin becomes more mainstream, the use of its enabling technology, blockchain, will become more pervasive. Already, blockchain is affecting the tax services industry and it will continue to do so in the future.
This CPE course gives context to blockchain technology, so you will know how to master current tax issues, anticipate new challenges, and create value for yourself and your clients.
CPE Credit: 8.5
- Understanding the IRS guidance
- Fintech Revolution
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Digital Assets
- Private Blockchains
- Smart Contracts
- Identify the impact of technology on taxation
- Recognize the elements of distributed ledger technology (DLT)
- Recall how digital assets can impact taxable transactions
- Identify the tax implications of Blockchains
- Identify the potential tax impact of Blockchain governance issues
- Distinguish between terms the Blockchain, Bitcoin, and distributed ledger technology.
- Distinguish how “Crypto-Economics” is different from traditional economics.
Who will benefit
- CPAs and other professionals with clients; and organizations that are utilizing Blockchain technology
- Accountants with clients or within organizations that are holding, trading, or issuing digital assets
- Individuals who are interested in getting a better technical understanding of Blockchain technology and digital assets and the impact of this technology on taxable transactions.